Are you excited about the prospect of joining a startup organization on the ground floor? Interested in being a part of the changing skies in Canada and beyond? Want to work with world-class leaders who have extensive industry know-how? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
We are seeking an Airport & Ground Operations Specialist for our Airport Operations division to join our rapidly expanding, dynamic team!
WHO WE ARE:
As an Ultra-Low-Cost Carrier that will begin flying to Canada and the USA, we are excited to be building our team that will help us get there! Our mission is to bring safe, affordable, low-cost air travel to millions of Canadians. With the travel industry poised for a rebound starting in 2021, we are getting our airline ready to fly again.
Backed by significant financial investment from a group of prominent Canadian and American investors, we are poised to change the Canadian airline landscape. Combining the financial strength of our talented international partners with the skills and energy of Canadians like you, we can bring the best practices of the aviation industry to Canada!
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS:
Reporting to the Manager, Airport & Ground Operations, this role is responsible for overseeing airport operations within Enerjet’s network. This role will work with ground operations team members to ensure compliance with company policy, procedures, and regulatory requirements. As the Operational Specialist, you will play a key role in developing and implementing the foundations of operational effectiveness in Airports. Working cross-functionally within the organization, you will act as a liaison between head office and airports to support and align Enerjet’s business outcomes.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Encourage a proactive safety culture
- Understand, demonstrate, and role model Enerjet’s values, while ensuring a commitment to safety and promoting a world-class working environment
- Facilitator and coach for contracted leaders providing support that is grounded in safety and operational effectiveness and is aligned to the department’s key deliverables
- Manage vendor invoices
- Engage with third party contractors to ensure a consistent change management approach on projects
- Monitor data from a complex range of systems and activities. As a subject matter expert in operational efficiencies, you will recommend workable solutions that align with our standards, ensuring a positive impact on our business.
- Manage and provide on airport processes, end to end, for Operations and Customer Service
- Develop and improve communication system between operational groups
- Perform periodic checks to assess operational compliance with policies and procedures. If needed, identify requirements for supplemental training.
- Assist in updating operations manuals, and training programs with addendums as required
- Participate in the Airports Quality Assurance program
- Provide support to Airport Station Leadership
- Support operations for new station openings and restarts
- Assist during IROPs and other operational challenges as required
- Actively participate in Enerjet’s SMS including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply with, and promote the Company Safety Policy
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 5+ years of relevant experience. Expert-level knowledge in the field of Passenger handling, ramp, and baggage services
- Promotion of a communicative workplace environment where team members feel engaged and can share openly and honestly
- Keen safety mindset to identify potential hazards and take corrective action
- Highly motivated and self-directed with a keen attention to detail and an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at the same time
- Excellent motivational skills with the ability to influence staff performance
- A dynamic communicator with established customer service skills who can connect, both verbally and in writing, with different people in a calm, courteous, and effective manner
- Proficient to work in a fast-paced environment through strong administration, organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and availability to work varied hours, including weekends as required
- Able to travel on short notice for up to four (4) weeks
- Must hold a valid passport and be able to obtain a RAIC (Restricted Area Identification Card)
- Hands-on knowledge of using MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and the internet
- Monitor data from a complex range of systems and activities, and, as a subject matter expert in operational issues, you’ll be looked to for workable solutions, aligned to our standards, that can have a noticeably positive impact on our business.
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US:
- Industry competitive salary
- The chance to be part of building something from the ground up. Aggressive growth plans of the organization mean there is no limit to how far you can grow your career with the organization
- An environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Open and collaborative work environment. You bring your great ideas, and we will put them to action
- Comprehensive benefits and HSA
- The opportunity to travel where we fly
We're an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that places value on the strength that diversity brings to the workplace and that prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all applicants who meet the requirements for the role to apply.
Interviews will be commencing right away, so don’t hesitate and apply today to be part of Canada’s changing aviation landscape! Cover letters are not required.