Enerjet is seeking an experienced Technical Operations Manager to join our team!
Enerjet is a fully licensed airline, with a history of operating private charters in Canada, the USA, the Caribbean and Europe since 2008. In 2018, we announced our plan to transition to a national Ultra-Low-Cost service, operating flights to all parts of Canada and between Canada and the USA. Enerjet will bring safe, affordable, low-cost air travel to millions of Canadians in late 2019.
Enerjet has significant financial investment from a group of prominent Canadian and American investors and business figures. Led by Enerjet’s CEO Tim Morgan (one of WestJet Airlines’ co-founders), the investor group includes: Stephen Bronfman’s Montreal-based private investment firm, Claridge Inc.; Stephenson Management Inc.; as well as Indigo Partners, which specializes in investing in ultra-low-cost airlines.
Our Operations Department is seeking a Technical Operations Manager to join our team.
Our ideal candidate is professional, personable, and safety-conscious.
If you are passionate about maintenance of large aircraft, then this may be the opportunity for you!
The Technical Operations Manager is responsible for: fulfilling the role of Person Responsible for the Maintenance Control System (PRM) and completing all duties and responsibilities of this position in-line with TCCA regulations; ensuring Enerjet’s maintenance control and maintenance are in compliance with the MCM and/or MPM; ensuring Airworthiness Directive for effectivity and plan for material, tools, and equipment required for incorporation; ensuring that all scheduled and unscheduled tasks are complete before aircraft are released for Technical dispatch.
- Ensure that the Company’s Maintenance Control System (including Technical Dispatch) as described in the MCM and all of its Incorporated by Reference documents continue to be effective and comply with the MCM and with CARs.
- Authorized to remove aircraft from operation because of non-compliance with CARs or because the operation of the aircraft could have an adverse effect on the safety of the aircraft, other aircraft, persons, animals, or property.
- Review Regulatory Agency websites for Airworthiness Directives.
- Ensure base scheduled maintenance activities, which include any scheduled or planned events that are classified as C Checks or higher, are carried out in a hangar at Company-approved facilities.
- Develop and maintain external maintenance arrangements with vendors for aircraft and component scheduled maintenance.
- Manage and administer all provider contracts relating to technical service.
- Ensure all maintenance and related activities are accomplished in accordance with the requirements stated in this manual and the applicable regulations.
- Coordinate with Operations Dispatch and Line Maintenance to ensure the timely completion of unscheduled maintenance tasks.
- Identify any hazards and/or incidents that may affect safety within the Technical Operations Department.
- Ensure that activities are staffed sufficiently, required tooling is available, and personnel are trained as required.
- Ensure heavy maintenance activities are monitored by a Company Representative.
- Ensure procedures are in place that meet the requirements for technical dispatch, so only aircraft that meet those requirements are placed into service.
- Responsible for researching any special tooling, material or procedures, and coordinating these requirements with planners.
- Coordinate and administer staff shift schedules, including vacation and overtime approval and requirements.
- Perform any other duties listed in the MCM.
- Perform other duties and assignments as requested by the Operations Manager.
- Ensure the safety of our people, passengers, and corporate resources. Every member of the Company team is responsible for maintaining the highest level of operational safety by following all operating and safety policies and procedures. We must be pro-active in managing operational risk by recognizing and reporting potential hazards, participating in safety initiatives, and promoting safe operations in all our activities. All employees shall report any incidents, hazards, near misses, and work related illness to their supervisor immediately.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in the performance or direct supervision of maintenance activities of large aircraft.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in the performance or direct supervision of maintenance activities, including business operations, and management and execution of maintenance contracts.
- Hold a valid Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) Licence, category M2.
- Qualified to hold the Person Responsible for Maintenance (PRM) position.
If you meet all the qualifications and requirements outlined above, we look forward to receiving your application!