Enerjet is seeking a Ground Operations Manager for our Air Services side of the business to join our dynamic team!
Based in Calgary, AB, Canada
Enerjet is a fully licensed airline, with a history of operating private charters in Canada, the USA, the Caribbean and Europe since 2008. In 2018, we announced our plan to transition to a national Ultra-Low-Cost service, operating flights to all parts of Canada and between Canada and the USA. Our mission is to bring safe, affordable, low-cost air travel to millions of Canadians.
Enerjet has significant financial investment from a group of prominent Canadian and American investors and business figures. Led by Enerjet’s CEO Tim Morgan (one of WestJet Airlines’ co-founders), the investor group includes: Stephen Bronfman’s Montreal-based private investment firm, Claridge Inc.; Stephenson Management Inc.; as well as Indigo Partners, which specializes in investing in ultra-low-cost airlines
Reporting primarily to the Operations Manager with a dotted line to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Ground Operations Manager fulfills the leadership function for all aspects of Enerjet’s airport operations and airport traveler services across the network. The Manager will endeavor to:
- Work diligently to achieve a safe and accident-free operation
- Organize and deploy in-sourced and outsourced services for all airport operations, above and below the wing
- Deliver operational reliability and service excellence throughout airport operations
- Champion operational efficiency and cost management for our airport operations and services
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders to ensure team members have the necessary tools, training, processes and resources to achieve the team’s targets and metrics.
- Contribute to building and sustaining a high-performance culture of teamwork
- Meet defined performance target
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain Enerjet’s Ground Operations Manual and the company’s Dangerous Goods Manual, along with related training programs
- Develop, maintain, and facilitate ground operations training programs (above and below the wing) and Dangerous Goods training program
- Ensure that contracted airport service providers are trained and supported in the use of Enerjet’s departure control and reservation systems
- Develop and manage the budget and staffing for airport operations and airport traveler services
- Develop and maintain operational performance matrix in coordination with flight operations, cabin crew, technical operations, and sales & marketing. Continually track matrix to enable continuous improvement
- Report to the Executive Leadership Team on the performance of airport operations and airport traveler services
- Develop and maintain operational processes to support corporate initiatives including on-time performance activities related to ground operations
- Ensure third party suppliers that support airport operations and airport traveler services achieve financial, operational and passenger service targets and seek ways to manage these costs over time while maintaining service targets
- Oversee the scheduling practices of employees for airport operations including the development of schedules and vacation planning to ensure an efficient use of Enerjet resources.
- Accountable for ensuring airport services vendors invoices are accurate and timely.
- Actively participate in Enerjet’s Safety Management System (SMS) including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Enerjet Safety Policy.
- Ensure a system of operational records, in compliance with the Canadian Aviation Regulations, is implemented; maintained, and controlled
- Negotiate, renew, and administer ground handling contracts and airport agreements with the objective of reducing costs and enhancing services while ensuring safe and effective operations
- Audit ground service procedures and develop corrective action plans to continually enhance safe and efficient work processes
- Attend to and communicate all properties, facilities, and station equipment matters
- Arrange and maintain fuel provisioning for company operations
- Other duties as assigned
- Concern for Safety: identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
- Traveler Service: providing service excellence to travelers
- Initiative: dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
- Results Focus: focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
- Fostering Communication: listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
- Exemplifying Integrity: treating others fairly, honestly, and respectfully, furthering the integrity of the organization and its relationships of trust with team members and the broader community.
- Inspiring Others: energizing and inspiring others to strive for excellence and commit to common goals and purposes, creating a sense of self-efficacy, resilience, and persistence in followers.
- People Leadership: assuming a leadership role in helping others achieve excellent results.
- Leading Change: recognizing the need for change, being open to new ideas and methods, and championing transformational change within the organization and beyond
Qualifications and Skills
- Prior experience in leading airport operations
- Prior experience working with regulations applicable to ground operations
- Able to obtain and maintain all required security clearances.
- University degree or equivalent industry experience
- Able to effectively manage and plan, resources, time and people
- Grace under pressure
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Travel required