Are you excited about the prospect of joining a startup organization on the ground floor? Interested in being a part of the changing skies in Canada and beyond? Want to work with world-class leaders who have extensive industry know-how? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
We are seeking an Airport Systems Analyst for our Airport Operations division to join our rapidly expanding, dynamic team!
WHO WE ARE:
As an Ultra-Low-Cost Carrier that will begin flying within Canada and the USA, we are excited to be building our team that will help us get there! Our mission is to bring safe, affordable, low-cost air travel to millions of Canadians. With the travel industry poised for a rebound later this year, we are getting our airline ready to fly again.
Backed by significant financial investment from a group of prominent Canadian and American investors, we are poised to change the Canadian airline landscape. Combining the financial strength of our talented international partners with the skills and energy of Canadians like you, we can bring the best practices of the aviation industry to Canada!
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS:
Reporting to the Head of Integration Services, this role will work with a highly collaborative team, diverse business stakeholders, vendors, and airport authorities to implement, support, and sustain critical business application solutions, with a special focus on airport systems. An inherent problem solver: this role will thrive on producing sustainable solutions in a dynamic, growing organization. This role may be required to travel for training and work activities.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Work with IT team members, airport authorities, common use providers, and airline business units to achieve cost-effective, stable, and sustainable technology solutions
- Engage in and actively support new station openings
- Take initiative on new projects where required, communicating effectively with project and business stakeholders
- Implement, test, and support Airport Systems, including DCS installations in Common Use and non-CUTE environments, CUSS Kiosk Check-In installations, Baggage Systems
- Coordinate with airline stakeholders, external IT groups, and airport authorities to diagnose and resolve incidents reported within agreed resolution times
- Monitor and report on the performance, stability, effectiveness of systems and processes
- Deploy and document systems, processes, and solutions related to technology and airport systems
- Oversee work executed by third-party vendors engaged in airport support and deployment work
- Maintain an awareness of regulatory oversight and safety
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- A pragmatic attitude that embraces learning and change, being part of a growing, dynamic business, wearing multiple hats, and collaboratively solving problems and making decisions.
- Diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, management information systems, or equivalent through a combination of education and/or experience.
- 3-7 years of progressive work experience within the Information Technology field, ideally in the Airline industry.
- Experience with project management, system analysis, business analysis, and application support standards and processes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft productivity tools such as Office, Teams, SharePoint.
- Proficiency with MS Windows client environments and scripting languages.
- Support of iPads and associated MDM tools is an asset
- Proficiency in and advocacy for cybersecurity awareness
- Proficiency troubleshooting issues with workstations, network, cellular connections, and peripherals.
- Proficiency in configuring troubleshooting and supporting network issues related to firewalls, encryption and VPN technologies, DNS.
- Knowledge of airport passenger processing and baggage systems is considered an asset.
- Exposure to CUTE platforms such as ARINC vMUSE is considered an asset
- Highly organized and able to multitask in a high-pressure, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
- Proficient in working on initiatives with cross-functional impacts.
- Experience working in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US:
- Industry competitive salary
- The chance to be part of building something from the ground up. Aggressive growth plans of the organization mean there is no limit to how far you can grow your career with the organization
- An environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Open and collaborative work environment. You bring your great ideas, and we will put them to action
- Comprehensive benefits and HSA
- The opportunity to travel where we fly
We're an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that places value on the strength that diversity brings to the workplace and that prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all applicants who meet the requirements for the role to apply.
Interviews will be commencing right away, so don’t hesitate and apply today to be part of Canada’s changing aviation landscape! Cover letters are not required.