Are you excited about the prospect of joining a startup organization on the ground floor? Interested in being a part of the changing skies in Canada and beyond? Want to work with world-class leaders who have extensive industry know-how? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
We are seeking a Technical Service Specialist, Avionics for our Technical Operations division to join our rapidly expanding, dynamic team!
WHO WE ARE:
As an Ultra-Low-Cost Carrier that will begin flying to Canada and the USA, we are excited to be building our team that will help us get there! Our mission is to bring safe, affordable, low-cost air travel to millions of Canadians. With the travel industry poised for a rebound starting in 2021, we are getting our airline ready to fly again.
Backed by significant financial investment from a group of prominent Canadian and American investors, we are poised to change the Canadian airline landscape. Combining the financial strength of our talented international partners with the skills and energy of Canadians like you, we can bring the best practices of the aviation industry to Canada!
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS:
Reporting to the Technical Operations Manager (PRM), this role is responsible for oversight and control of all company and aircraft avionics-related systems, issues, modifications, and repairs.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Assist with the development and implementation of the company Aircraft Network Security Operator Guide, including process and procedures
- Liaise with the Technical Services Integration Manager as it relates to Loadable Software configuration activities on Company Aircraft
- Responsible as Business Owner of operational software applications. Ensure operational software applications are deployed and used appropriately and that personnel are trained and proficient on software applications
- Liaise with OEM as it relates to Loadable Software configuration applications
- Avionics troubleshooting, modification, and configuration programs
- Manage assessment program for compliance of Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins, etc., as it specifically relates to the field of Avionics systems, components, and loadable software
- Responsible for all Loadable Software Airplane Part (LSAP)
- Monitor and analyze aircraft Security Logs
- Ensure compliance with Aircraft Network Security Operator Guide (ANSOG)
- Company Loadable Software Airplane Part (LSAP) SME
- Support MCC & Maintenance personnel with troubleshooting software issues, component, and LSAP parts, and certification programs, include E 8130 and E Form 1
- Monitor and ensure communication of all maintenance-related aircraft technical data, to ensure compliance with engine & airframe reliability programs
- Monitor the company computerized MIS, engine, systems, and component programs are verified and updated to reflect current software part status
- Pursuant to CAR 521, Division IX, manage Service Difficulty Reporting (SDR) requirements, as applicable to the respective Technical Operational areas
- SMS activities as directed by Technical Operations Leadership
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Minimum of 6-years experience in the performance of Aircraft Maintenance activities of the type undertaken by the organization
- Possess excellent knowledge of the CARs, regulatory Type Certification process, and OEM Instructions for Continued Airworthiness
- Possess proven leadership skills and education commensurate with the position
- Experience and proficiency in aviation software use and applications
- Experience with Aircraft Network (IT) Security Programs and Processes
- Hold a valid Canadian Aircraft Maintenance Engineer license, category E (preferred) or experience on type
- Must demonstrate behavior that portrays the company core values of safety, respect, trust, collaboration, value, and passion when communicating with all personnel and acting on behalf of the company
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US:
- Industry competitive salary
- The chance to be part of building something from the ground up. Aggressive growth plans of the organization mean there is no limit to how far you can grow your career with the organization
- An environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Open and collaborative work environment. You bring your great ideas, and we will put them to action
- Remote work opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits and HSA
- The opportunity to travel where we fly
We're an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that places value on the strength that diversity brings to the workplace and that prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all applicants who meet the requirements for the role to apply.
Interviews will be commencing right away, so don’t hesitate and apply today to be part of Canada’s changing aviation landscape! Cover letters are not required.