Enerjet is seeking an experienced Crew Scheduler Lead to join our team!
Enerjet is a fully licensed airline, with a history of operating private charters in Canada, the USA, the Caribbean and Europe since 2008. In 2018, we announced our plan to transition to a national Ultra-Low-Cost service, operating flights to all parts of Canada and between Canada and the USA. Enerjet will bring safe, affordable, low-cost air travel to millions of Canadians in late 2019.
Enerjet has significant financial investment from a group of prominent Canadian and American investors and business figures. Led by Enerjet’s CEO Tim Morgan (one of WestJet Airlines’ co-founders), the investor group includes: Stephen Bronfman’s Montreal-based private investment firm, Claridge Inc.; Stephenson Management Inc.; as well as Indigo Partners, which specializes in investing in ultra-low-cost airlines.
Our Operational Control Centre is seeking a Crew Scheduler Lead to join our team.
Our ideal candidate is professional, personable, and adaptable.
If you are passionate about scheduling air crew, then this may be the opportunity for you!
Reporting to the Operational Control Centre (OCC) Manager in the Calgary office, the Crew Scheduler Lead is responsible for: building air crew schedules/pairings to satisfy Enerjet’s operational requirements; ensuring that scheduling complies with all regulations, policies, and manuals; as well as supervising and training the Crew Scheduling team.
- Provide direction in resolution of operational needs, while liaising with the Operational Control Centre Manager and other internal departments;
- Ensure air crew schedules comply with Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARS), Commercial Air Service Standards (CASS), applicable areas of the airline library, and other related documentation;
- Adhere to Operations Support Team policies as outlined in the Operations Support Manual;
- Provide training for new Crew Schedulers;
- Administer all planned and irregular hotel, air, and ground transportation requirements for crew;
- Monitor and mitigate crew duty and rest violations;
- Monitor and authorize crew shift trades;
- Manage air crew scheduling problems, while demonstrating an ability to listen and empathize with crew members;
- Manage crew details within the Flight Operations Software, such as crew qualifications / training records and other information;
- Assist with daily reporting and tracking as required;
- Assist in writing Operations Support Team Policies and Procedures;
- Implement Irregular Operation (IROP) contingency plans;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
Experience & Skills
- 3-5 years Crew Scheduling experience in a CAR 705 airline operation.
- Proficient in a complex Flight Operations System and Crew Scheduling software, such as AIMS, eTT Skedflex, NavBlue, Sabre.
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven ability to multi-task during high stress situations, with minimal supervision.
- Able to think critically and take a proactive approach to identify problems, issues, and opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate in a clear, accurate, concise, and professional manner; fluency in both verbal and written English.
- Skilled at negotiating scheduling changes in a diplomatic, tactful, and empathetic manner.
- Flexibility and ability to work various shifts, as required.
- High degree of motivation, commitment and adaptability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, changing environment.
- Take initiative and work well independently.
- Training coordination experience is considered an asset.
If you meet all the qualifications and requirements outlined above, we look forward to receiving your application by June 28, 2019!